Buying Analyst - Chilled, Atherstone, £39,275 - £43,115 12 month FTC
£39,275 rising to £43,115 (12 month Fixed Term Contract)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a professional and experienced Buying Analyst to join our client, an industry recognised and global retailer, at their corporate Head Office working within their chilled products team.
You will need to be proactive and pragmatic with a strong emphasis on attention to detail, proven experience of working to strict deadlines, be able to think on your feet, be a self-reliant and confident individual with a positive mental attitude. In return you can expect a generous package and an excellent working environment.
The successful Buying Analyst will be responsible for:
- Pulling together data from several sources in an efficient manner and format for analysis
- Identifying relevant short term and long-term trends in the data, pro-actively initiate follow up analysis and prepare business-friendly reports and presentations
- Having a full understanding and awareness of all relevant commercial drivers (e.g. Product, Price, Promotion, Price Change etc.) within the data and what levers can be pulled to improve commercial performance
- Focusing on solutions, quickly identifying drivers in the data through root cause analysis and recommending solutions to implement
- Identifying areas for improvement and scope out the end-to-end business requirements to deliver theses system/process/data changes
- Controlling data and analysis to recommend how to promote sales and profitability of our range and promotional strategy
The successful Buying Analyst must possess:
- Proven experience of a strong analytical aptitude
- Strong communication skills with ability to take complex information and deliver in a simplified manner across many levels of the business
- Exhibits strong, advanced skill level with Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Experience working within a commercial environment
- Ability to interpret and manipulate complex data
- A proactive attitude in planning to achieve targets and objectives which deliver profitable outcomes
- Intellectually curious and takes initiative
- Ability to prepare executive level recommendations and reports
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us in 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.