Commissioning Engineer - £40,000 to £50,000
£40,000 to £50,000
Our client, one of the UK's largest Mechanical and Electrical contractors, isrecruiting for a Commissioning Engineer to join their team based in Reading.
This role offers a great salary based on your skills and experience, a generous annual leave entitlement of 34 days (including Public Holidays) with the option to buy up to 10 extra days, great share plans, one day paid volunteering and tailored development opportunities!
The successful candidate should be degree educated in engineering or a related field with practical working experience on construction projects and understand BSRIA and CIBSE.
The successful Commissioning Engineers responsibilities will include:
- As a Commissioning Engineer, you will be involved in project specific commissioning requirements; working under the guidance of a commissioning manager
- You will assist with outlining the tests, inspections and commissioning activities required to successfully complete the handover of energy centres and district heat networks from a developer/ principal contractor
- During construction you will be required to witness factory tests, visit site and witness critical elements of testing and commissioning
- You should possess the ability to assess and verify qualitatively and quantitatively the test reports without the need of a site visit or witnessing the tests. Prior to handover/asset acceptance, you will be required to review documentation and make sure that soft and paper copies of commissioning and handover documents are available to the team
- You will receive support from and be kept informed by, the Technical Project Managers, Construction & Installation Project Managers, Engineers and the wider sales and commercial resource
The successful Commissioning Engineer will possess:
- You will be degree educated in engineering or related field with practical working experience on construction projects
- You will be familiar with the range of building services systems and components that are included in heat and cooling networks
- You will understand BSRIA and CIBSE guidance and be familiar with metering systems and data collection networks
- You will have a demonstrable aptitude towards mechanical and/or electrical building services and knowledge of safe working practices and methodologies in the construction industry
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Please note: due to the large number of application we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful.