Communications Assistant - £31,040 - £36,245
Public Affairs Communications Assistant – 12-month FTC
£31,040 - £36,245
Our client, a globally recognised food retailer in the West Midlands, is recruiting for a Public Affairs Communications Assistant to join their Corporate Head Office based in Atherstone.
The Public Affairs Communications Assistant will be solely responsible for the Public Affairs function and managing the process for responding to all high-risk correspondence received by the business.
If you are a hardworking individual who has experience in sales in the retail sector, this role could be perfect for you.
The successful Public Affairs Communications Assistants responsibilities will include:
- Public Affairs (managing interaction with Government and MPs)
- Letter writing for key stakeholders
- Corporate and Political monitoring and intelligence
- Covering for team member holidays (crisis issues handling, corporate communications, issues/risk, business and financial performance)
- Managing the Public Affairs function and achieving annual objectives
- Drafting correspondence to key stakeholders on a proactive and reactive basis
- Management and maintenance of the risk register and identification of external threats link to any established risk or issue
- Day to day management of the public affairs agency, ensuring they work within deadline and budget, to meet/exceed KPIs
- Strong collaboration and co-operation with the wider business to develop contacts with internal audiences
- Administrative duties include, but not limited to: media scanning for CEO Office, daily approved emails and checking invoices
The successful Public Affairs Communications Assistant should possess:
- Ideally degree educated with relevant industry experience is desirable
- Excellent written communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and manage agencies
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Experience in public affairs is desirable
- Relevant experience in Copywriting
- Experience/knowledge of PR, Retail Agency Management
- An understanding of politics
- Adheres to deadlines
- Proactive and uses their initiative
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with other departments
- An abundance of enthusiasm
The successful Public Affairs Communications Assistant can expect:
- £31,040 rising in increments to £36,245 in year 5
- 5 weeks’ annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Full training provided
- Company pension after 4 years
- Company sick pay scheme
- Company maternity, paternity and adoption leave after 2 years
- Long service awards
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
If you are experienced in the following please apply: Public Affairs, Communications, Administration, Copywriting, PR, Retail Agency Management, Politics.
Please note due to the high volume of applicants we receive, if you have not heard from us within 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.