Category Assistant - £31,040 - £36,245
Category Insights Assistant
£31,040 rising to £36,245
Our client, a globally recognised Food Retailer, is recruiting for a Category Insights Assistant to join their Corporate Head Office based in Atherstone.
The Category team is responsible for the management, interpretation and dissemination of data throughout the business to enable informed strategic decisions in relation to their products.
The team currently consists of a Director, Manager, Analyst and Assistant (pending) with plans to expand the team as the areas of responsibility and number of key projects increase.
The successful candidates will have a background in Category Management, the Retail/Grocery Market and excellent communication skills to ensure an efficient and accurate flow of communication, both internally and externally. You’ll actively manage your area of responsibility, driving innovation and change, as well as managing all due diligence and other related issues.
The successful Category Insights Assistant will be responsible for:
- Drive, support and provide strategy related to business performance
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with external parties and service providers when required
- Ensures all projects within the area of responsibility are delivered on time and within the budget and scope agreed with the Category Manager
- Actively manages the area of responsibility by using initiative and suggesting ways of improving processes and systems for greater efficiency
- Documents existing business processes and proposes new processes where required
- Ensures adherence to all legal requirements, Health and Safety and Due Diligence measures in their area of responsibility
- Assists the Category Department with testing of new procedures and systems
- Contributes positively and constructively to the Category Team and the Corporate Buying Department
The successful Category Insights Assistant must possess:
- A-Level minimum
- 12 months experience working within a FMCG retail environment
- Experience and/or appreciation of the role of market data within the grocery market
- Experience and/or appreciation of the role of market data within a retail setting
- Data manipulation, interrogation and presentation of business performance
- Preparation of senior level reports
- Understanding of Category Management principles
- Experience of testing new systems
- Excel and PowerPoint super-user
- Comfortable dealing with complex data
- Experience of working with third party suppliers
- High levels of initiative and proactivity
- Able to work under pressure and deliver against short deadlines
- Can deliver solutions autonomously
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
If you have combined experience in the following then please apply; Category Management, Category Insight, Food Retail, Corporate Buying, Category
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us in 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.