Communications Manager - £52,540
£52,540 - rising yearly
Our client, a globally recognised food retailer, is recruiting for a Communications Manager to join their Corporate Head Office based in Atherstone.
This is a fast-paced role with a variety of responsibilities. The Communications Manager is responsible for running a proactive programme of engagement and announcements to promote and protect the company’s reputation with Regional Media and Political stakeholders.
This role requires management of a small in-house team, as well as management of a supporting PR agency and the associated budgeting responsibilities. The role is on a full-time basis, based in the Buying Department with travel required infrequently. This dynamic and challenging role requires resilience, and flexibility is a must.
In order to be successful in your application for this role you must posses a degree graded 2:1 or above, have previous professional experience in Public Affairs and you must have previous Man-Management experience.
Communications Manager Responsibilities:
- Oversees and manages processes and systems in all areas of Communications
- Works with marketing agencies to ensure a steady and consistent point of contact for company
- Develops, recommends, implements and manages systems and processes in the areas of Communications within the Corporate Buying Department and ensures an efficient and cooperative working environment
- Acts as the liaison between Corporate Buying and External PR agencies
- Liaises with the regions to ensure timely and efficient information flow
- Manages and liaises with the PR agency and Communications Assistant to ensure timely delivery and accuracy in published materials and media
- Plans and recommends Communications material in areas of responsibility
- Manages and controls the budget in areas of responsibility
The successful Communications Manager must possess:
- 2:1 Degree (PR, Marketing or communications related degree desirable)
- Previous professional experience in Public Affairs
- PR experience
- Management of a Team
- Copy writing and checking experience
- PowerPoint presentation skills
- Knowledge of politics, prior press office experience
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Please note due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not heard from us in 7 working days, please assume that on this occasion you have not been short-listed.